Happy Valentine's Day
Let's learn some English Idioms
Common English Idioms About Love
1. a crush = the person you like
Ex: My crush doesn’t even know I’m alive.
2. to have a crush on = to like someone
Ex: I have a huge crush on the girl that lives next door.
3. to dump = to end a relationship suddenly
Ex: My girlfriend dumped me because I forgot Valentine’s Day.
Ex: I got dumped by my girlfriend too!
4. to be head over heels = to be deeply in love with someone
Ex: My mom said she was head over heels for my dad when they met.
5. have the hots for = to be attracted to someone
Ex: I have the hots for the cute Russian guy in my history class.
6. to pop the question = to ask someone to get married
Ex: I’m so nervous. I’m going to pop the question tonight.
7. hot = very attractive / sexy (men or women)
Ex: The guy that works at my gym is really hot.
Ex: There’s a really hot girl on the train.
8. tie the knot = to get married
Ex: My parents tied the know twenty years ago.
Ex: I don’t think I’m ready to tie the knot.
Pick up the worksheet below for some sample conversations all about this fun holiday!
Like these idioms? Are there any I left out? What would you like to see here?